BENTON HARBOR, Mich., Nov. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --The approaching holidays ushers in a season filled with entertaining, house guests and laundry. To help Americans spend time less time on laundry this holiday season and throughout the year, Maytag has launched the new, large capacity Top Load Washer and Dryer built to handle tough messes and large loads.
A recent survey conducted by Omnibus Research on behalf of Maytag* found that American households spend more time on laundry than other household tasks:
Maytag Introduces New Top Load Washer and Dryer to Handle Large, Tough Loads
- American households report that laundry is the most time consuming household task (41%), followed by tidying up (39%) and dishes (16%).
- Though the amount of laundry that households do on average every week can vary widely, 67% are doing at least three loads every week.
- Generation X does the most laundry, with one-third (32%) saying they do five or more loads of laundry every week.
Especially as holiday guests and entertaining add to the laundry pile, saving time by consolidating laundry loads is more important than ever.
"We know that many Maytag families are busy, especially when holiday guests come and housework increases," said Maytag Senior Brand Manager Brendan Bosch. "That's why we're excited to introduce this durable new Top Load Washer that can save time by handling large loads – even up to 22 towels at once."
The Maytag® Top Load Washer and Dryer boasts a large capacity to get even the largest loads evenly dried**, allowing families to wash more clothes at once so they can spend less time on laundry.
Largest Capacity Agitator Washer Available at 4.7 cu. ft. (MVWB765FW)
- Best Cleaning in its class driven by the PowerWash® cycle*** for this washer, featuring a combination of extra cleaning action and heated water to attack everyday tough stains.
- The PowerWash® agitator tackles any load size with both efficient, concentrated cleaning to fight stubborn stains and robust wash action to help break up messes.
- The Deep Fill option fills the wash basket to a maximum water level for the laundry load. Available on any wash cycle, the extra water works with the PowerWash® agitator to effectively break up and rinse away crusted-on messes.
Large Capacity Dryer with Steam-Enhanced Cycles – 7.0 cu. ft. (ME/GDB755DW)
- Steam-enhanced Cycles use steam on select cycles to help prevent wrinkles, refresh clothes and reduce static.
- Advanced Moisture Sensing uses sensor strips to monitor moisture levels and temperatures, helping to get your largest loads evenly dried** every time.
- Largest loads, evenly dried**: With 7.0 cu. ft. capacity, there's plenty of room to get your largest loads evenly dried.
Maytag® Top Load Washer and Dryer are now available at select retailers and online at Maytag.com, with the washer starting at $899 MSRP and the dryer starting at $849 MSRP*****.
About Maytag Brand
For more than a century, Maytag® appliances have been synonymous with dependability and durability. For over 100 years- Maytag has an enduring tradition of quality production and powerful performance. Durable, commercial-grade components are found in many Maytag® appliances – including Maytag® front-load and top-load washers and dryers. Maytag also offers a full range of kitchen appliances - Maytag® dishwashers with the PowerBlast® cycle, Maytag® refrigerators with the Powercold® option, as well as Maytag® ranges, cooktops and ovens with Power™ burner and Power™ element options. In January 2014, Maytag introduced America to the Maytag Man – a dependable machine and the human embodiment of the durability, reliability and power inside all Maytag® appliances. In addition to creating durable appliances, Maytag also is a dependable partner to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America in their effort to support communities across America and help young people achieve great futures. For more information about Maytag, please visit Maytag.com, or find us on Facebook at Facebook.com/Maytag, Twitter at @TheMaytagMan, Instagram at instagram.com/Maytag or Pinterest at pinterest.com/Maytag.
* The results in this document represent the findings of a survey conducted by Opinion Research Corporation on behalf of Maytag among a sample of 1,035 American adults who use social media. The online omnibus study is conducted twice a week among a demographically representative U.S. sample of 1,000 adults 18 years of age and older, with those who use social media answering all questions. This survey was live on Oct. 13-16, 2016. The margin of error is +/-3.6%.
** Based on testing of a 15-lb load.
*** Models MVWB765F & MVWB766F. Based on 18-lb load, among leading top load brands, 4.5–4.9 cu. ft. capacity agitator washers, PowerWash® cycle vs. comparable cycles and default settings.
*****MSRP is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealer alone determines actual retail and advertised prices"
SOURCE Maytag - Maytag.com